Saturday, October 27, 2007

Our Day Out in Seoul....A Hair Raising Adventure (That's How We Roll)

Hello again! This will probably be our last post from Seoul. Tomorrow Adam, Mom, and I head to the airport early for our long journey back to Colorado. We are hoping for a little bit of room on the plane (like we were so blessed with on our way here) or for Adam to become extremely relaxed and feel the need for a 18 hour cat-nap so that he can arrive peacefully back home to meet more of his family. I will post more after we are home for all of our wonderful friends and family in other states. Thanks to everyone for all of your comments and prayers. I love you all. Especially to my students!!! :) I love you and miss you too. I can't wait to bring Adam in to see all of his friends in third grade!

So as I mentioned today Mom and I thought we would be brave and head out onto the subway system to do a little shopping. It went pretty well but as you can tell from the title not the greatest. However the beauty of the title is really two-fold. One is that it expresses some of the chaos that was our day and two, the three of us touring around Seoul was quite the sight to behold because, well Adam's hair speaks for itself. Mom and I on the other hand have been fighting the good fight that occurs between naturally curly hair and the humidity. Today that battle was lost my friends and Mom and I toured around town looking like frazzled Francis 'Baby' Houseman wannabes (Dirty Dancing anyone?). So it was slightly scary. Well we headed out on the subway thanks to the help of many kind strangers. We thought we knew where we were going, all seemed well, and yet an hour later we ended up at the train depot or maintenance station, with only the conductors and a few other foreigners, who, like us, had not understood the message at the last stop that it was in fact the last stop. So from then on, we decided cabbing it was the best decision for us. We did some shopping but a little after lunch time Mom and I were beginning to go cross-eyed from the lack of sleep over the past week and Adam had seen enough as well. So we headed back to our room for some naps and a bath. It was the right decision for the remainder of the day. And for those of you who will soon question whether or not your souvenir was something that could be purchased at the Incheon Airport.....ummm.....would you like to hold my son? :)

Here are some pictures from our day:























14 comments:

Bill&Debby said...

I (Bill) couldn't sleep and had to check for an update. Beautiful baby!! You look so happy together. Taking the boy on the town! I'm glad you'll all be home soon from your Big Adventure. Wish we could be there for the arrival. Love, Bill&Deb

nonnie&peetsie said...

BRING HIM HOME !!!!!
We can't wait to see our second Great Grandson.
Bon Voyage, and God Bless.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

He melts my heart!! He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
cute!! I hope you have a good nite, hope he sleeps while and tomorrow is a BIG day! We will all be there waiting at DIA for hours to see him, okay maybe you both too!! We love you, Good night

Carolyn Benik said...

It is obvious that he's just a perfect fit! He looks so peaceful sleeping there, and I'm sure it's because he knows he's safe with his wonderful Mom and Nana! Travel safely!! Love,Carolyn

Emily said...

For cryin' out loud!! Those pictures are just to cha cha for words. I love him already!!! Thanks for sharing them and I'm sure I can speak for all of the out-of-towners that we look forward to you posting many more!!!! God bless you all.
Sweet E

Gaucko said...

Hi Carly, Jann and Adam,
Pictures are awesome.
Can't wait to see this litle guy, between him and Christian they will have all the Colorado girls swooning. Happy Bithday Nana Jann, sent you a present in a text message, get on line and view the Breeder's Cup Classic race. You had Curlin and I had Hard Spun,I wont tell you the outcome, you must see the race.

Happy Trails tomorrow

Heather said...

YIPPPPEEEEEE!!! I am SO EXCITED for you guys. Adam is so beautiful - especially after the hair cut:-) It looks like you have a permanent smile on your face! Have fun adjusting to life with a baby - there will never be a dull moment in your house again!! Congratulations!

Christine and Chris said...

I'm so happy for you and Matt. Thanks for the blog, I feel like I've been on this journey with you. Wishing a safe return home and many joyous moments with your new son!!
Love Christine H

Susan said...

OK, it's Sunday night and I finally have computer access again (which would have taken even longer if you hadn't unpacked my filmstrips for me) and all this wonder was waiting for me! These photos are just beautiful. You're such a natural mom; it shows in every picture. Adam is so comfortable and happy with you already. He looks so peaceful and you're just glowing. Hope your trip was reasonably stress-free and can't wait to hear about your first few days at home. And by the way, good call on the haircut and getting rid of the pink barrette before taking him home to Matt. Love you!

Sally said...

You said in your blog that Adam took right to you and was quite comfortable and we know it is because he knew that you were his mommy. He looks so happy and peaceful. You look amazing with that baby in your arms. Thanks for the great updates, we are so happy to see pictures of him and to see you with him. We can not wait to meet Adam!!

Congratulations Matt and Carly and Adam

Love Brian and Sally and Kiddos

Mandy said...

Adorable!! What a sweet little doll he is... and right at home with his Mama where he's always belonged. It's absolute perfection!

Congratulations Miss Carly! I can't wait to see you guys! =)

Love,
Mandy

Beth said...

Ok, I've seriously got to stop looking at this blog while I'm at work 'cause I keep boo-hooin! That picture of you with Adam in the snuggly (on the subway) is adorable - you are truly glowing. You two fit together perfectly and I can't wait for Matt to meet his son.

Keep us posted, like your other out of town person said, I'm dying to see updates! xxoo, Beth W.

Susan said...

Carly, I love you and know that you're bonding with your husband and son, which is so very important, but some of us are dying here, and by us I mean Fight Club. Photos and description of the homecoming and first hours of family time please. Not that we're prying but . . . well, you know us, we so are.