Monday, October 22, 2007

Carly Kirwin: A Woman Who Exudes Calm, Patience, and Quiet Understanding

Bahahahahaha! No, not that. She's nothing like that.

Greeting friends and family! As you all know, Matt and I are anxiously awaiting the call to bring our new son Adam home. I decided to start this blog to keep you all posted on our journey, and to keep me a little occupied so I am not always staring at the phone, crying out with arms flailing to the heavens, "Ring you cursed thing! Ring!" (it's starting to drive Matt a little crazy and really scares the dogs). Plus blogging seems to be the wave of the future and if Creed Bratton can blog, well then by golly, so can Carly Kirwin. We are at the most difficult part of our journey now, The Great Wait. How can this be the most difficult part you ask? Wasn't the home study, the trainings, the series of fingerprintings, tracking down and completing seemingly hundreds of government forms with obscure titles like the I-600 (that's T900 for all you Back Yardigans fans out there), and signing some big checks the hardest part? No way! Even though that was a lot of work and at times stressful, at least we were busy and I felt like we were actually moving ourselves through the process. Now there is nothing I can do, but wait. And wait. And then wait some more. Stop saying wait. Up until these past few weeks I have felt at peace with our wait. I would look at my son's picture everyday and pray for him and say, "When the time is right, I'll be seeing you." Then a couple of weeks ago the Yuen's, a wonderful family who were on the list ahead of us, went to Korea to pick up their beautiful son, Sam. And Jill, the mom, has a fabulous blog which she updated everyday of their trip. And suddenly calm, peaceful, give it to GOD Carly flew right out the window and has been replaced by crazy, what in the world is the freaking hold-up, I want it now, Veruca Salt, Carly. (Don't you wish you were married to me right now?) The Yuen's blog was so helpful and Jill has been a constant source of support and answers all of my many, many questions. But also, when I read about the Yuen's journey and saw their pictures it was like, "Wow my son is right there. HOLY COW he's right there! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE'S RIGHT THERE AND SOON I WILL BE THERE AND THEN WE'LL BE HERE. WE'RE SO CLOSE! AHHHH!" And thus Crazy Carly was born. At this point we know Adam's visa is in Korea and that the Korean government is processing our paperwork and will then schedule a visa interview for Adam (hope he's prepared a few things to say focused around his personal and professional strengths and goals :) and then we will get our call to travel. I am heading to Korea with my wonderful mother and she too is on stand-by, ready to head to Seoul. We are told it could be any day. It could be tomorrow, it could be in two weeks. So we wait. In the meantime, Matt and I appreciate all of your prayers and support. It is you all who make the waiting manageable. And I appreciate your enduring my long-winded, stream of consciousness, overly dramatic posts (oh there will be more to come)."Even for the internet, it's pretty shocking." :) Love to you all.

No comments: